It is hard to believe that planning for the
2019 Upward Basketball season has already started!
Since last season we have seen great growth in
Upward programs in our area. Here is a quick summary:
- Huddle on the Ridge – a gathering of many area churches to discuss how we can use sports in our community to support families, encourage positive coaching, and spread the Gospel.
- Grant Wesleyan Church conducted an Upward Indoor Soccer camp with a wonderful turn out.
- Trinity Fellowship conducted a summer Upward Outdoor Soccer camp with great feedback.
- Grant Wesleyan Church is currently conducting their second season of Upward Flag Football. They experienced 33% growth over their first season and the field is filled with amazing fans every week! Games are on Saturdays and go through October 21st from 9 am to 1 pm.
We are excited to have Grant Community Church partnering with Bailey Christian Church for the
upcoming basketball season. We still working through the details and will keep you posted on the
positive impact this will have on the program. A few things it may mean:
• Additional space for practices and games
• Full court games for older age groups
• More room for spectators
• More volunteer opportunities
We are going all on-line for basketball registration this year.
This is the link: https://registration.upward.org/UPW67694
We will have computers set up at evaluations to support this initiative. Finally, Upward Sports has provided us with a new pricing structure for the program. This season, the price will remain the same, $65 for early bird pricing prior to November 1, and $75 after that. This price INCLUDES shorts. We are excited for this change! Don’t forget to like, follow, and share “Upward on the Ridge” on Facebook to keep up with all that is going on in the area with Upward Sports!